Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Artsy Wednesday: Vintage

I wanted to tip a hat to the aesthetic of the '20s-'30s, and did a sort of Art Deco/Geometric manicure with vampy, glamorous colors for this one!


I channeled Doris Duke a bit, with her embrasure of geometric patterns, and so I threw a tropical background into these pictures to further the effect!
I used Julep's Trina and Sienna for the luxe colors, and used striping tape to get the diamond patterns.  I love the fancy french tip concept, and with the striping tape this look really is a breeze; just make an X at the tip of your finger with the striping tape and paint the tip color over the gaps in the X.  Peel the tape off, and voila!   

                                     
Check out the other Artsy Wednesday bloggers; they all do some pretty gorgeous work!



And don't forget, I'm having a major giveaway, including 3 Zoya minis as a prize (Plus an Ulta giftcard, a Sephora giftcard, and a Llarowe giftcard as other possible prizes)!  Click the image below to enter!

7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and elegant - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That base colour is so gorge and I love how the well the silver complements it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! If I could get away with reds I would be lusting after that colour! It's so right for a deco look x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like this! it looks so vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute, I like the color selection! :)

    ReplyDelete